Recipe: Curried Shrimp and Squash
This simple recipe for Curried Shrimp and Squash is a cinch to put together and as we approach fall it’s the perfect meal for a crisp evening. After all, no flavor says fall quite like squash.
- 1 Large acorn squash
- 3 tsp. Canola oil, divided
- 3 Garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. Thai red curry paste
- 1 can Light coconut milk
- 1½ tsp. Fish sauce
- 1 to 1½ lb. Peeled raw shrimp
- 2 tbsp. Lime juice
- 1 tsp. Lime zest
- Basmati rice
- Preheat oven to 400˚F
- Blanch squash in microwave by cooking on high for 4 minutes and cut into half inch slices.
- Remove seeds from slices and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Toss with 2 teaspoons of canola oil on a baking sheet and bake until tender, 15-20 minutes.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add remaining 1 teaspoon of canola oil, then minced garlic and Thai red curry paste. Cook approximately 1 minute.
- Stir in coconut milk and fish sauce. Boil, then reduce heat to medium. Add shrimp and cook until shrimp turns pink, approximately 1 minute.
- Stir in squash, lime juice and lime zest. Serve over rice.