Recipe: Spicy Thai Chicken Kebabs
Zesty. Spicy. Tasty. You’ve gotta give our simple recipe for Spicy Thai Chicken Kebabs a try. Fire up the grill and season at your own risk… some like it hot — including us!
Thai Spice Mix Ingredients:
- 7-10 Thai basil leaves
- 1 tbsp. Cracked pepper flakes
- ½ tbsp. Chili/Red pepper flakes
- 1-inch Ginger, sliced
- 2-3 Garlic cloves
- 2 tsp. Fish sauce
- 1 tbsp. Brown sugar
- 3 tbsp. Olive oil
Chicken Kebab Ingredients:
- 1½ lbs. Boneless chicken thighs cut into 1-inch pieces
- 10 wooden Skewers soaked in water
- Chopped Thai basil Romaine lettuce to serve
Spice Mix Method:
- Place all ingredients in a small food processor and pulse until you have a smooth paste. Set aside.
Chicken Kebab Method:
- Mix the chicken and spice mix together and set aside for a least a few hours, preferably overnight. Place the wooden skewers in water to soak overnight as well.
- The following day, skewer the chicken dividing up evenly between the skewers.
- Prepare the grill to medium-high heat and brush the grill with some oil.
- Place the chicken skewers on the grill and cook for 5-10 minutes per side until chicken is cooked through (160˚F) and charred from the grill.
- Sprinkle black pepper and chopped basil on top before serving.
- Serve with Romaine lettuce (optional).