Recipe: Mongolian Beef
Craving Chinese take-out? Put down your phone! This simple recipe for mouth-watering Mongolian Beef is just as good (or better!), and if you're a Passanante's customer you probably already have most of what you need to whip it up,
- 2 New York Strip Steaks (Passanante Product #:111124), thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp Cornstarch
- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil, divided
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp Ginger, minced
- 1/3 cup Low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Light brown sugar
- 2 Green onions sliced into 1 inch pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Season sliced steak with salt and pepper. Toss steak in cornstarch until fully and evenly coated. Set aside.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and add 1 tablespoon oil. Add garlic and ginger and sauté for 1 minute. Add soy sauce, water and sugar and bring to a boil until sugar dissolves, about 2 minutes.
- Pour sauce into a liquid measuring cup and set aside.
- Place skillet back over heat and add remaining oil. Add steak and sear until evenly browned on both sides, 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Pour sauce back into skillet and stir together with beef. Simmer and allow sauce to thicken, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Toss in green onion and continue to cook for 1 more minute until sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon.
- Pour Mongolian beef over steamed rice and serve.