Recipe: Dill Yogurt Poached Salmon
The perfect meal for a warm Summer night, this Dill Yogurt Poached Salmon is a refreshing, light-entrée option to enjoy with family and friends.
Yogurt Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 cup Full fat yogurt
- 1 tbsp. Minced shallot
- 1 tbsp. Minced fresh dill
- 2 tbsp. Fresh juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- Large pinch ground coriander
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 Pieces center cut Salmon filet
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 Medium leek or onion cut into large pieces
- ½ Fennel bulb, sliced
- A few fresh sprigs thyme and/or dill
- 1 Bay leaf
- Kosher salt
Yogurt Sauce Method:
- In a medium bowl, stir together yogurt, shallot, dill, lemon juice, olive oil, and coriander. Season with salt and pepper.
Poached Salmon Method:
- In a large saucepan, combine 1 quart cold water with lemon juice, leek or onion, celery, fennel, thyme and/or dill, bay leaf, and a large pinch of salt.
- Add salmon to poaching liquid. Water should cover, but if not, add enough to just cover salmon. Set over medium heat and bring poaching liquid to 170°F. Adjusting heat to maintain water temperature, cook salmon until it registers 115°F, about 10-15 minutes. (Cooking time may vary widely, so be sure to check temperatures to determine doneness.) Carefully transfer salmon to a plate to rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve salmon while warm, spooning yogurt sauce on top. You can also chill the salmon and yogurt sauce before serving.