Recipe: Corn & Kidney Bean Chili
Chili Weather Is Upon Us & Our Recipe For Corn & Kidney Bean Chili Is Hitting The Spot!
- 1½ cups Fresh Or Frozen Corn
- 15oz. can Kidney Beans
- 1lb. Ground Beef, Bison, Or Other Meat Of Choice
- 15oz. can Tomato Sauce
- ½ cup Flavorful And Spicy Salsa
- 1 Large Onion, Coarsely Chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Finely Chopped
- 1 tsp. Ground Coriander
- 2 tbsp. Chili Powder
- 1 tsp. Ground Cumin
- ¼ tsp. Cayenne Pepper, Or More To Taste
- Kosher Salt
- In a large soup pot, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic and cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in chili powder, oregano, cumin, coriander, salt and cayenne and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add ground meat and stir to break up and brown for 3-5 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, 1 cup water, salsa, kidney beans and corn. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook for 20 minutes, stirring often, until flavors have melded and the chili thickens.
- Top with a dollop of sour cream, shredded cheese, diced onion and pickled jalapeño peppers and enjoy along with some warm cornbread.