Recipe: Chocolate Napoléon Cake
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
- ⅓ cup warm milk
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 cups minus 1 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1½ tbsp. unsweetened cocoa
Cream Filling Ingredients:
- 2 sticks butter,
- softened at room temp
- 14oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 8oz. package cream cheese,
- soft at room temp
- ¾ cup of very cold heavy cream
- 1½ tbsp. powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Sift together flour with cocoa.
- Beat together 1 egg and 1 cup sugar for 6 min. Add softened butter, warm milk, and baking soda. Mix on medium speed 3 min.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Place mixture in a glass bowl over the steam for 10 min, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and stir in sifted flour, cocoa and mix well. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Place a heaping tbsp. of mix over a sheet of parchment paper. Sprinkle flour over the dough roll it out to a very thin 9″ circle.
- Place your round dish over the dough and use a pizza slicer to cut out the circle.
- Bake the parchment paper with dough directly on the middle oven rack for 4-5 minutes.
- Beat together 2 packages softened butter and 1 can condensed milk on medium speed 7 min, scraping down the bowl as needed.
- Mix in the softened cream cheese for 2-3 min.
- In a separate bowl, beat very cold cream and 1 1/2 tbsp. powdered sugar on high for 2 min.
- Fold whipped cream into the rest of the frosting until well blended.