Recipe: Pan-Fried London Broil
Pan-Fried London Broil is a simple crowd pleaser. Seasoned with dry mustard and butter, the only thing missing for a Michelin Star meal is a couple of your favorite side dishes.
- 2lbs. Top round cut of steak
- Kosher salt to taste
- Dry mustard
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Butter, softened to room temp
- Bring steak to room temperature. Cut away any tough connective tissue on the surface and use a meat pounder to even out the thickness of the steak if necessary. Lightly sprinkle with kosher salt on both sides.
- Rub steak with dry mustard, salt, pepper, and butter. Heat a large, cast iron skillet to medium-high heat. Pat the steaks dry with paper towels. Rub a little dry mustard into both sides of the steak. Sprinkle both sides again with salt and black pepper. Rub butter over both sides.
- Place the steak in the hot pan and let cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until nicely browned.
- Take the steak off the heat and let it sit for several minutes in the skillet (tent the steak with aluminum foil). The cast iron pan will retain enough heat to cook the steak to medium rare.
- Slice steak thinly, across the grain, and serve.