Recipe: Grilled Steak & Bread Salad
If you're on the hunt for the perfect steak flavor may we suggest this chili powder and brown sugar dry rub? This mouthwatering contrast of flavors brings any meal to life and when paired with Bread Salad it just can't be beat.
- 2 tsp. Chili Powder
- 2 tsp. Brown Sugar
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ½ tsp. Pepper
- 1-inch thick Beef Top Sirloin Steak
- 2 cups Cubed Multigrain Bread
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 cup Ranch Salad Dressing
- 2 tbsp. Finely Grated Horseradish
- 1 tbsp. Prepared Mustard
- 3 Large Tomatoes, Cut Into 1-inch Pieces
- 1 Medium Cucumber, Cut Into 1-inch Pieces
- 1 Small Red Onion, Halved And Thinly Sliced
- Mix chili powder, brown sugar, salt and pepper; rub over steak. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss bread cubes with oil. In a large skillet, toast bread over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until crisp and lightly browned, stirring frequently.
- In a small bowl, whisk salad dressing, horseradish and mustard.
- Grill steak, covered, over medium heat. 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, cucumber, onion and toasted bread. Add ½ cup dressing mixture; toss to coat.
- Slice steak; serve with salad and remaining dressing.