Recipe: Grilled BBQ Pork Chops
It’s grilling season and we’re hungry! So often we think of burgers and hotdogs when it comes time for a little cookout, but today we’re craving something that requires a fork and knife. This recipe for Grilled BBQ Pork Chops is a year round staple at Passanante’s Home Food Service and we’re sure you’ll love it too.
BBQ Sauce Ingredients:
- 2 tbsp. Vegetable oil
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 Lemon
- ½ cup Brown sugar
- ¼ cup Vinegar
- ½ cup Tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. Tabasco sauce
- ¼ tsp. Chili Powder
Pork Chop Ingredients:
- 4 Pork loin chops cut 1-inch thick
- Salt and pepper to taste
BBQ Sauce Method:
- Heat oil in a frying pan and sauté the onion and garlic until soft and lightly browned, 4-5 minutes.
- Grate the zest from the lemon and squeeze the juice. Add the lemon zest, half the lemon juice, the sugar, vinegar, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco sauce and chili powder to the onion and simmer gently, 5 minutes. Taste, adjust the seasoning and let cool.
Grilled Chops Method:
- Light the grill.
- Season the pork chops with salt and pepper and brush with the cooled barbecue sauce.
- Grill the pork chops, basting often for approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Turn over and continue grilling and basting until the chops are done, 5-7 more minutes.